UNVEIL THE MAGIC OF HOTEL BOHINJ, SLOVENIA
A captivating haven by the lake, where indulgence, serenity, and awe-inspiring landscapes converge to create an unforgettable escape.
Destination: Bohinj, a hidden gem that still needs to be discovered.
Location: the hotel is situated in the heart of Triglav National Park, just a stone’s throw from Lake Bohinj, with magnificent views of the mountain ranges and Mount Triglav itself.
Focus: sustainable tourism that respects nature, tradition, and local community.
Design: exceptional architecture, the embodiment of the lake and alpine landscape, with attention to detail.
Character: authenticity, youthful spirit, and relaxed atmosphere.
Feel: mostly suitable for those who are looking for their perfect escape from the everyday
SUSTAINABLE FEATURES THAT DEFINE HOTEL BOHINJ
- It is located in the Triglav National Park, which means that coexistence with nature is crucial.
- In the process of renovation of the hotel (in 2021) we have used mostly natural materials, wood, stones, recyclable felt, etc., and cooperated with local & national producers.
- In the daily operation of the hotel this can be observed in the:
- Heat recovery system for all ventilation systems
- Water conservation systems
- Waste sorting and focusing on food waste
- LED and energy-saving lamps
- Lights control
- No disposable plastic in the hotel
- Room slippers made of recycled felt / 1 pair of sleepers are made from 4 plastic bottles
- Cooperation with local suppliers: supporting local businesses and focusing on kilometer zero
- Charging station for electric vehicles in front of the hotel
- Based on our efforts, we have been also awarded EU Eco Label and Slovenia Green certificates.
DID YOU KNOW?
… that every guest gets a pair of slippers made from 4 plastic bottles.
… that based on last year’s collaboration with Slovenian company Kaaita, there have been 47,700 plastic bottles transferred into an annual quantity of slippers for our guests. Which adds up to 6 heights of Triglav, the highest Slovenian mountain. How amazing is that? This can be equated with the 6 heights of Triglav, the highest mountain in Slovenia.