Either by visiting our website, our social media profile or you book a room, we would like that you trust us with processing your personal data, as we are positive that this is the key element for a healthy and long-lasting relationship with our customers.
With booking a room on our website or any other website, managed by our company Alpinia, turistično podjetje, d.o.o., you agree to and confirm the processing of personal data described in this policy. Furthermore, you guarantee that all persons, whose personal data you share with us in connection with your booking, are familiar with this policy and they agree and confirm with processing, which are described in this policy and are prepared to provide proof of their consent in case data protection supervisor demands it.
According to the legislation, relevant for personal data (hereinafter Legislation) and General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (hereinafter GDPR), your data controller is Alpinia, turistično podjetje, d.o.o. (hereinafter Alpinia, us, collector).
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
Personal data we acquire from you: we collect personal data, which we get from you or our partners, when they book our services or accommodation for you. Information collected during the course of the reservation and during your stay may include:
- your name, email, home or business address, phone number, nationality, date and place of birth, type and number of ID and payment card information,
- information about your stay, preferences or any specific requirements during your stay, as any preference regarding your accommodation (e.g. room for smokers, vegetarian menu, allergies, wishes about bed, pillow, etc.).
In case you send us also information on other persons for your reservation, as your family member, friend, we kindly ask you to make them aware about this policy and that they agree to and confirm the processing of data as described with this policy and they are prepared to provide a proof of their consent in case data protection supervisor demands it.
From Other Sources: we also collect personal data about you from other persons/entities, including travel agents, websites not owned and operated by Alpinia, persons booking on your behalf (e.g., a family member, company representative), your employer, or other persons or entities. We can collect data about you from our partners or airlines, e.g. to get information about your arrival time in order to arrange everything for your arrival. We may obtain information about you from social media pages; e.g., if you make a comment on Alpinia social media page or if you comment about Alpinia on a public social media feed. We use this information to improve our services for you and other customers.
Security-technical measures: During your stay at our premises we execute different security – technical measures, such as surveillance control of public places of the buildings, where we can take videos of you for the purposes of providing safety for you and your belongings, other guests and their belonging and our employees and their belonging. Security – technical measures, which are used in our buildings, are not subject to exclusion in case of such demand from a guest.
HOW WE USE THIS PERSONAL DATA
We use your information from you primarily to fulfil your hotel reservation, i.e., to provide you with accommodation and other activities, which you will require, and to fulfil all legislation requirements with regard to that. This may include, among others, sending a confirmation email, post-stay communications and satisfaction surveys to get feedback on your experience or about things, connected with accommodation.
Occasionally, when we have your consent or this is allowed by legislation, we will send you marketing communications (for products and services that we believe would be relevant for you).
Additionally, we aggregate your information with other guest information to complete trend and statistical analysis, which we use to evaluate and improve our products or services, plan new activities or hotel locations and for other market research.
Lastly, we will use your data to protect our legitimate interest and rights, when we are forced to do so due to legal claims, fulfilling compliance, regulations or audit purposes and in case of revealing information on acquisition, merger or selling of a company.
We will use your personal data for marketing purposes, especially for sending emails occasionally with special offers or novelties, which we offer to our guests, when we have their consent.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
We may share your information to:
- authorized Alpinia personnel located for the performance of any contract or services you booked with us;
- companies, part of Alpinia, so they can operate smoothly and provide services;
- selected third parties and other business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors (all within EEA countries) for the performance of any accommodation or other reservation we enter into with them or you, including IT specialist, software providers and other partners, which help use to provide the best possible service. With them we will share your information based on your reservation, in case of your consent or legislation. We can also share your information with our partners for marketing purposes.
When choosing third parties to which we may share your information, Alpinia takes all the necessary precautions and checks for the data protection compliance of these organizations.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, but only in the case that it is strictly necessary for the transaction to be concluded.
- If we are under obligation to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Alpinia, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Alpinia would like to point out that we are aware of importance of your personal data, which is why we take these things seriously and we are dealing with them carefully. Thus, we send information only to partnership, which provides protection of your personal data. Furthermore, we do not disclose data to anyone, which includes third parties or international organizations, unless it is required to do so in order to comply with the law or a valid and binding order of a government or regulatory body, or in order to fulfil a contractual obligation for which the data subject has given consent to the processing. In such cases, the government or regulatory bodies need to follow the applicable legal process to obtain valid and binding orders, and such orders are reviewed by Alpinia, which may object to too broad or otherwise inappropriate or inadequate orders.
Unless prohibited from doing so, or if there is a clear indication of illegal conduct in connection with the use of Alpinia’s products or services, Alpinia gives notice to its customers before disclosing a customer’s contact, so that they can seek and prepare protection from disclosure.
Alpinia also takes serious precautions with regard to transfers outside of the EEA. Alpinia commits to not to transfer data outside of the EEA unless that country also ensures an adequate level of protection or appropriate safeguards, and under the condition that the enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for data subjects are available.
THE LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We are committed to collecting and using your information in accordance with applicable data protection laws and GDPR. Thus, we collect information where we have an appropriate legal basis to do this, which may be because:
- you have provided your consent to us,
- our use of your information is necessary to perform our contract with you or services you booked with us, where, among others, providing accommodation and other things connected with accommodation and products are included,
- our use of your information to meet legislation requirements,
- our use of your information is in our legitimate interest as a commercial organisation, for example to operate, to improve our services or to keep people informed about our products and services or products and offers connected with this.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We retain your personal data according to legislation obligations. In case we collect data based on your consent, we keep them until such consent is valid, in other cases we follow limitations, determined by legislation for each purpose. In case of reservation, which has a status of an agreement, we keep such data for 5 years, while in case of accounting, we keep invoices and other personal data included for 10 years since we issued an invoice.
As a data subject, you have certain rights with regards to your personal data, which you may acquire or execute by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Among others, the following rights are included:
- right of protection of your data,
- right to know which data is being kept by Alpinia,
- right to access it, to add, correct or complete it,
- right to the limitation of the processing of your data,
- right to the deletion of your data (we are limited by the legislation requirements),
- right to data portability,
- right to be informed in case of data protection breaches that affects your data and that is likely to result in high risk to your rights and freedoms, and
- objection to use your data for marketing purposes.
Insofar you think there has been a violation of legislation, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, which is Data Protection Supervisor in Slovenia.
PROTECTION OF YOUR DATA
We take different measures in order to secure your data, prevent breach, loss, unauthorized usage or destruction. Among other, we save your data in encrypted base and use different anti-virus and firewall software to protect our information system.
TRANSFER OF YOUR DATA
We store your data in data bases inside of EU and, consequently, they are subject to appropriate security measures and rights according to the GDPR. In case we are forced to send your data outside of EU, we only do that in case such country also ensures an adequate level of protection or appropriate safeguards, and under the condition that the enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for data subjects are available.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not take any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check those policies before you submit any personal data to those websites.